Re: [OM] Re: OT - Worst $3400 I've ever spent

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT - Worst $3400 I've ever spent
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:32:18 +0000
I'm new to the Olympus forum and it so far it's fun to be a part of. I'm
back
into the OM system after leaving it for Canon and Nikon autofocus gear for
few years. (I hear your boos)...

Hi George

As someone who has thought (only thought) about switching to AF, I'd be
interested to know your reasons for switching back to manual OM. I have a
lot of OM including macro gear and would not consider abandoning the OM
system.

My next move is likely to be digital, I will only do so when a proper
affordable non-instantly-obsolescent quality interchangeable component
system is devised (maybe never). I'm not sure I like the idea of digital
manipulation (yes I know image manipulation is as old as photography
itself). I still like the idea of representing reality, with digital you'd
never know whether the image has been altered.

Richard