RE: [OM] Info on OLYMPUS ES-10 scanner

Subject: RE: [OM] Info on OLYMPUS ES-10 scanner
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:35:38 -0800
On 13 Dec 98, at 21:41, Wayne Harridge wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Lots of stuff deleted !
>
> How did the Microtek come out in the film scanner comparisons ?  Just
> interested as I have one on extended loan at the moment and have been
> pleased with the results.

I would be very cautious of any Microtek product. I have used an older slide
scanner, and 5 different flat bed models of theirs, and had nothing but
problems with drivers and support. They are notorious for not updating their
drivers for new operating systems releases. For example, the 600Z flatbed
does not work well at all with NT 4.0 and they refuse to fix their drivers,
even
though NT4.0 was released when this scanner was still made. Also, for the
same cost, comparable HP models were always much faster/better quality.

I have exactly the opposite experience through the same number of different
HP scanners, although all were flatbed.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright