Re: [OM] Only one OM body?

Subject: Re: [OM] Only one OM body?
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:48:48 -0800
<<Boy, Charlie, you don't ask easy questions, do you?>>

I think the consensus is, if you have one camera it better be reliable.
The reason I asked this is that I am struggling with the question myself.
With all the electrical problems I am not sure the 2's and 4's are the
best choice.  For me the 3 is out of the que$tion.
My 1 has been faithful for so long I don't even question it's reliability.
As much as I like my 2, the mirror problem keeps creeping up on me.
I do not rely on it at all even though I love the aperture preferred auto
mode,
and the TTL flash.

The answer I identify with the most is from Richard Ross.

<<Which OM body would I choose over all others?  Hmm.  Difficult.  My
immediate response is my OM-4, but the possibility of failure is worrying.
So it'd probably have to be my OM-1n, provided I could keep my Minolta
Spotmeter as well :-)>>

Or, (dare I say it) Keep the lenses and get a 2K.

Wondering out loud,

Charlie

Charles Loeven
cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx