Re:DIY(was Film Labs (was [OM] metering/Latitude))

Subject: Re:DIY(was Film Labs (was [OM] metering/Latitude))
From: brookswf@xxxxxxxx (BILL F BROOKS)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 22:13:14 -0600
Hi All, Shawn/Janis,

Well, I think I'm going to take the plunge and start rolling and washing
my own BW stuff...showed the better half the math and by X-Mas will have
a bulk loader and some Ilford HP-5 >;) better yet  will have a Beseler
tank and some Diafine to get a hold of those rolls I insist on pushing
>;)>;)

 I won't have an enlarger for some time and am wondering what kind of
light source would be suitable for making proof sheets(contact sheets)?
I can rig up something out of glass and wood that will hold the film
against the paper, but don't know what kind of light/time needs to be
applied to the emulsion sandwich to make it work.  Any help of any sort
will be appreciated.

TIA

Bill >; )
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."

*provided you have a good archival system in place...