[OM] What Luck!! - Or is it??

Subject: [OM] What Luck!! - Or is it??
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 21:46:04 EST
Hi Folks,
First a little story, then a question. I have followed the thread on how to
know for sure whether your ZUIKOs are multicoated or not with great interest.
Probably like most of you I have some of each. The other day I came across a
24mm/f2.8 in a shop that I could not say for sure whether it was MC or not. It
did not have the "H.ZUIKO" marking of the older style lens, nor did it have
the "MC" marking. Looking for color reflections under florescent lights I
could not detect any green, only amber, purple and blue. I came home perplexed
at not seeing green and wondered if the florescent lights give a blue
reflection rather than green. Anyway I grabbed one of my known MC lenses and
checked it under a florescent bulb to see if the green was blue -- it was
still green. Then I took out my old 100mm/f2.8 single coated to check it. I
looked at the markings on the front ring, and there for the first time after
two years of looking at it, I actually saw what it read: "OLYMPUS   M-SYSTEM
E-ZUIKO    AUTO-T   1:2.8   f = 100mm  101xxx". Oh My !! Does this mean I have
to search the world over to find other M-System pieces? Perhaps even a body?
Should I hide this lens in a bank vault, or just keep throwing it into the bag
to shoot with and curse it's single coated-ness? Please help me decide.

Thanks for listening,   Paul Connet