Zuikoholism (was: Re: [OM] Online auction editorial)

Subject: Zuikoholism (was: Re: [OM] Online auction editorial)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:16:55 +0100

Daryl Hurley (a notorious Zuikoholic) wrote:

>Now, do I say to my wife, "Gee whiz
>honey, look here in my camera closet.  My OM's are multiplying!!"  Or
>should I try to convince her the Gods of Olympus wouldn't have forced it
>on me if I wasn't meant to have this camera??  Naw, I think I'll just
>put it in the closet. Maybe in a year or two she'll notice something
>different, say something to the effect of "didn't you only have 5 camera
>bodies?", and I'll say "No, I've ALWAYS had six, what planet have you
>been on!" See what you did to me!!
>I too am a Zuikoholic.........I wonder if I should go back
>tomorrow and look at that OMPC with the generic winder?  I bet I could
>get it for $100.00, maybe he'd throw in another body cap?

Just tell your wife that it's your ultimate goal to get your Body:Zuik
ratio up to 1:1, and have all lenses permanently attached. Tell her this
saves the OM bajonets, and prevents dust entering the cameras or the
focusing screens getting scratched...

"Well there ain't no cure for the Zuikoholic blues."

Doctor Hans, pHd in Zuikoholism and Olympadictivsm treatment, author of the
book " How to get rid of all your money in just two hours".