[OM] Hunt Camera Show

Subject: [OM] Hunt Camera Show
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 20:48:52 EST
Zuikoholics -
At this show I picked up an OM77AF with a 35-70 AF lens for a SONG! also a
70-210mm AF lens for less then a SONNET! (I think that is a little song - not
a 14 line poem) - and they had a year warrentee! Jeesh, I'm now a loyal
customer.

I just got the first roll of chromes back. They little '77 was right on!! and
in focus!! Hummmm. Better than my eyes anyway - This little guy uses  either
the Zuiko MF lenses or the AF ones too.

IMHO Olympus  was onto something here. Just didn't go far enough. They forgot
a few things - like if you use a MF Zuiko, it is aperture priority but no way
to know the time.  A good backup to the backup camera though. Handy. I'm Not
sure of the metering though - probably center focusing of some kind. Any one
know the metering specs?

But seems to me that Oly has the lenses for an AF OM5. A mind meld of OM4
(spot metering, etc) Aper-Priority , forget the auto film speed read thing and
add compensation for bracketing. It'll be a contender.

I also picked up an OM10 Quartz with date print back, manual adapter and a 35
to 70 zoom.  The little one. I asked if it was priced correctly - they said
yes. Even a dead clock lucks out twice a day. For once I'm that lucky clock.

Cheers

Ken M