Re: [OM] Vivitar 28mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 28mm
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 15:01:10
At 04:25 28/11/98 PST, you wrote:
>Also, I found several Tamron 80-210 f3.8s at a number of stores. On shop
>had about five! Is there something about this lens that makes people NOT
>want it?
>
>Regards,
>
>Steve
>Perth, Australia

Yes - it's soft (especially at the long end) and rather low in contrast.  I
had one for a couple of years, and when I swapped it for a Zuiko 85-250 I
couldn't believe the difference....  If the Tamron's cheap enough it might
be worth it, but otherwise I'd leave well alone :-)

Regards
Richard

Richard Ross, BSc, PhD, LRPS
Hemel Hempstead,
England

RH Designs - Innovative Electronics for the Darkroom
 *  http://www.nildram.co.uk/rhdesign  *
 *  mailto:richard @rhdesigns.nildram.co.uk  *