[OM] Re: From 'SALE" to "AUCTION"

Subject: [OM] Re: From 'SALE" to "AUCTION"
From: "David  Russell" <djr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:28:22 -0800
I just lost an opportunity to acquire an OM-4T the other day when the seller
changed the terms of sale from the stated price of $500 (mint condition) to
"I was offered $550 for the camera by another party; can you match this?"

 Like a fool, I refused, pointing out that he, the seller, had already
accepted my offer and that it was not ethical for him to change the contract
terms now. He didn't seem too disturbed by the ethics argument, really, and
the phone conversation ended on a cool note.

The seller wrote me that he had five responses to his ad and I assume that
one or more of those were from this list, so I thought I should warn list
members. This fellow (name upon request) has proven himself less than honest
once; perhaps his view of "mint' is also flexible.

Oh well, I didn't really need another camera anyhow. Sob.

David