Re: [OM] Macro Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Flash
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 12:01:24 +0000
I'm using the VST stand with bellows, zuiko 20/38 macro lenses and T10
flash for macro work. The stand has a tungsten modelling bulb which I have
left on during the exposure, sometimes, depending on the length of the
exposure and perhaps proximity of the lens to the subject, the pictures are
tinted with yellow tungsten light.

If I switch off the modelling light sometimes the OM2n decides to expose
for an inordinate length of time, obviously after the short flash emission
there is only ambient light to collect. I think this happened when the
bellows were fully extended. The TTL flash system has presumably decided
that there is not enough light for the exposure even with the flash.

Surely all thats needed, even with bellows fully extended, is an exposure
time of say 1/30 to 1/2  sec or perhaps 1 sec at the most. Lenses are
normally set at F8. The lens to subject distance is measured in
millimeters. My current course does require me to record the exposure
details, including the shutter speed, though I may give a guestimate (they
can't dispute it).

Could there be a problem with the camera, one answer may be to obtain
daylight bulbs for the VST and leave the modelling light on, can you get
them in the US?

Is there any way of using the flash manually then bracketing, adjusting for
light loss through the bellows.

Richard