Re: [OM] Focus Snap In

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Snap In
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 22:42:05 EST
Hi Joel,
Answers below,

jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Hi Buddy,
 I'm intrigued by your first statement but not sure I understand it. Are you
 saying that the 2-series screens have, or don't have, the "snap-in focus"
 quality?
 Snip!
Sorry for the confusion, The answer is - I personally do not like the 2 series
screens because of what I feel is a lack of "Snap in Focus.  Well, at least
the 2-13.  I have not tried the 2-4, but the literature says it does not work
with lens slower than f4.  That would knock me out using my 85-250, 300, 500mm
lenses, so I will stick with my 1-4n & 1-10.

 Are you noticing the loss of focusing ability with 2-series screens in one
 type of photography more than another, e.g., macro, or big tele, as opposed
 to the 35-135 range?
Snip!
Yes, at telephoto I would say 250mm +, I immediately noticed a large
percentage of my slides where out of focus.  This was probably due to the very
narrow depth of focus, but the fact is I did not have this problem with the
1-8, 1-4/10 screens.  So the reason I went back to them.

 Joel >>
Hope this answered you questions,
Thanks,
BW