Re: [OM] Giles' very expensive brochure

Subject: Re: [OM] Giles' very expensive brochure
From: mahlon.r.haunschild@xxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:20:54 -0600
John, regarding the situation of your purchases vs. explaining/justifying
them to your wife, it seems to me that you have two choices (to borrow a
phrase from Tom and Ray Magliozzi):

1.  You can choose to be RIGHT, or
2.  You can choose to be HAPPY.

I will not venture to guess from this far away which one applies in this
situation, but I'm sure that you're having fun whichever one you chose!

Likewise, I recall just wandering into Helix Photo in Chicago a month or so
ago.  I refcall that all that I really wanted to buy was some film, but
eventually I walked out with a used Zuiko 24mm f2!*  Ow, that really
hurt/felt GOOD!

One final note:  Giles owes you BIG TIME for this one!

Regards,

Mahlon

*  yes, I remembered to actually buy the film, too!