RE: [OM] Zuiko 100mm f2.8 Lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko 100mm f2.8 Lens
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 21:41:41 -0800
On 15 Nov 98, at 15:35, Wayne Harridge wrote:

> > Hi:
> > Is there a qualified ZA out there that can give me some idea of the worth
> > of a
> > Zuiko 100mm f2.8 Lens, both in performance an value $$$ in Used EX+ shape
> > ??
> > I've been offered one and I don't know much about this lens.
> >                     Thanx,  Charlie T.
> >
>       Charlie,
>
>       I don't know about "qualified", but I picked one up from a local
> pawn shop (SC not MC) for $AU110 (=$US70).  Have seen one in a local camera
> shop, mint condition MC for $AU625.  By the way I was informed that the
> current new price (with sales tax) is >$AU1000.

Fairly common among this focal length range, it goes for $175-275 CDN
around here. If you are interested in low light indoor work, you may want to
wait for the 85/2, usually around the same price, but one stop faster, and a
bit better length for indoors, IMHO.

Shawn & Janis Wright
swright@xxxxxxxxx
http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright