Re: [OM] Warning. Beware of 'yeti'

Subject: Re: [OM] Warning. Beware of 'yeti'
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:53:21 GMT
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:27:07 -0600, "Mark Hammons"
<astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>You forgot telling whether you did meet reserve with your first bid. If so,
>>>then your right would be even more righteous.
>>>
>>>Marco
>>
>>Yes, Marco. Reserve was $100 and had already been met before my
>>bidding.
>>It was not that I wasn't prepared to pay $203.50 for the camera, if
>>this figure would only be reached in a normal bidding process. After
>>all it was my proxy bid.
>>But this outbidding and then backing out (or not responding in 3
>>days)... well you know the eBay rules and customs just as well as I
>>do. ;-)
>>I still like the system very much, though, although you must exercise
>>judgement and be prudent when bidding.
>>Maybe it is a better time for selling there now...
>>
>>Frank.
>>

>Could it be that "Yeti" is a ghost-bidder -- a freind of the seller
>who "bids" hoping to bump up the sale price by forcing people's
>proxy bids?  And when not successful he just "dissappears"
>and the seller can legitimately demand the next highest bid!
>
>Mark Hammons

No, Mark.

I know him personally as I met him in Amsterdam last year.
You might even remember him from this list....
Very friendly guy indeed, but as it turns out not fit to do business.
Trouble with many sellers started soon after our meeting.

Frank.