[OM] Olympus in French "PHOTO"

Subject: [OM] Olympus in French "PHOTO"
From: Omer Nezih GEREK <gerek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:15:46 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

I saw a review of digital products in photokina in the French magazine,
"PHOTO". At the top left, there is a picture of an Olympus camera, and it
clearly indicates above 12M pixels. In the same page, there is an EOS1
with kodak pro digital back, and says 6.9M pixels. I have never seen that
weird looking olympus beast before. It is completely big, military style,
square box, with a digital display on it. Since the lens was looking to the
other side, I am not sure whether it is an OM mount or not, but it
definitely looks like an interchangable one.

Since the article was in French, I could not read it. And, unfortunately,
since it is darn expensive in Switzerland, I could not buy the mag, so I
left it on the shelf (wrong move?).

So.. what is it? The beast I mean.

-- And Mark, thanks for the info. I had never used a 2SP, so I didn't
know that it did not lock the spot reading.

OMer.