Re: [OM] Lens Tests: Part 1

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Tests: Part 1
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:05:01 EST
Hi folks:

Thanks for the kudos on the test reports.

If anyone is interested in getting a Zuiko lens tested that isn't on my Part 1
or Part 2 list, you can lend it to me and I'll run my standardized test on it.
A few that I'd love to test include the 50mm f/3.5, 28mm f/3.5, 100mm f/2,
24mm f/2, a 50mm f/1.4 MC and any other zoom, esp. the new S Zuikos.  Note
that I'm assuming the 35-70mm f/4 S Zuiko would be the same results as the OM-
F AF model I tested.

Exceptionally high contrast but moderately to low resolution lenses are hard
to evaluate at 16X magnification!  They seem to have high resolution, but it
is deceiving.  I think I'll look at the 35-105mm and the 50mm f/2 at wall
sized magnification and see.  I picked 16X because it is the largest print
size used in SQF testing by Popular Photography.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV