[OM] HUNT CAMERA SHOW IN BOSTON

Subject: [OM] HUNT CAMERA SHOW IN BOSTON
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 22:19:52 EST
Hi all -
We had the Hunt Camera show here in Boston 11/6-11/8/98
and it was very well attended - and people were buying up all things
photographica!
   The good ol' Blue and White of OLYMPUS was there. Had a chance to play with
their digital system - I think it looks good and is reasonably priced - but in
no rush to go digital  so the OM system will live on for me.
   I spoke to the OLY reps there and even admitted that I was a list member -
I was shocked to find that the reps occasionly read this list and were aware
of the OM5 suggestions we made.
   They GAVE ME a blue bag and one of them slipped a dozen or so official OLY
lens paper packs into my coveted OLY shopping bag.
    He asked me what I thought of the OM2000 - and I told him I had looked one
over closely and thought it was a great manual camera - but since I had an
OM1............
   I bought a Vivitar 283 flash  and slave and light stand. Good prices and it
seems to work well.  I am going to use it for a Hair Light by permanantly
mounting it on the ceiling behind the subject. The T32 will be on camera and
bounced off a Lumiquest ProMax 80-20 flash bouncer that bounces 800pward and
20% to the subject to give both Key light and  flash fill  (needless to say I
took a course in 'creative flash'!)

   Oh the Old OM2n I have (must be about 20 years old and never been CLA'd)
was checked by the Hunt Camera technicians - they said that the exposure on
both manual and auto was so accurate that he 'could calibrate his test
equipment with it!.

All in all a lot of fun and  a great show

Cheers
Ken M.