Re: [OM] Cokinlight filters?

Subject: Re: [OM] Cokinlight filters?
From: "Yvan Lindekens" <yvan.lindekens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:48:09 +0100
Hi all,

Cokin is a French brand of filters. They make square plastic filters (about
6.5 * 6.5 cm) and "regular flass" filters too. They also have lots of
effect filters.

Their plastic filters are to be used with some sort of "universal adaptor"
they make, fitting all (not to large) lenses.

These filters scratch very easily and are therefore not to be recommended
for "rough" work (nature etc...). Furthermore, the adaptor doesn't offer
adequate protection against dust for the front lens of the objective.

On the other hand: changing of filters is very easy: just pull out the
filter and slide another in (the adaptor can hold several filters)...

I don't know if they are very good: I only use their plastic and glass
filters for non critical B&W photomicrography. For critical work (color,
high resolution photomicrography) I use other filters (Scott, B+W...).

Yvan Lindekens.