Re: [OM] Topical precautions ??

Subject: Re: [OM] Topical precautions ??
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:23:05 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, John Gaasland wrote:

> I'm going to Cost Rica this Christmas and was wondering if there are any
> precautions I should take with my OM2n, lenses, and film? Anyone have
> eperience with 900midity here?(phew!) Thanks, John.

  Before you come out of your cold hotel room, blast your camera bag
contents with your hair drier to warm it up (I suggest you do not use one
which in any  possibility of mold exists) to prevent condensation.
Close it up and it will stay warm for some time --- in case you travel in
an A/C'ed vehicle.
  Learn the reset procedure for your OM2n...here in Florida, we have
plenty of 900midity experience, and my OM2's have only failed me in pea
soup fog.

                        *= Doris Fang =*