Re: [OM] Wrenches

Subject: Re: [OM] Wrenches
From: Bob Christopher <bc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:11:24 -0700
A spanner wrench is a tool with a fixed opening and two
opposing drive lugs on either side of the open end.
See attached jpeg of spanner.jpg which has a spanner
wrench on the right of the photo and a box/hex wrench
on the other. Spanners typically have round pin-type drive
lugs. They're also usually much smaller and cleaner than
my sample!

\Bob

At 01:01 PM 10/31/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I always thought that a spanner was a crescent wrench.
>It spans the width of the bolt.
>
>A spanner wrench seems to be a different animal.
>Am I far off?
>
>Charlie Loeven

   Bob