[OM] Storing Lenses

Subject: [OM] Storing Lenses
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 08:50:16
Oly Shooters,

There was a thread once on another list about how to store lenses so as to
minimize over time the possibility of getting oil on the aperture blades.
I tend to store mine on end with the rear cap end down, whether on the
shelf or in the bag.

Is this is best way?  To my eye it looks like the blades, fully
stopped-down, point slightly towards the front of the lens. Of course, the
aperture doesn't rest in a stopped down configuration, but it still seems
as though storing a lens front-up allows gravity to help keep oil where it
is supposed to be a little bit more.  Any thoughts on this?

Joel