Re: [OM] Pick up of completed repairs

Subject: Re: [OM] Pick up of completed repairs
From: SiteMistic@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:44:57 EST
In a message dated 10/29/98 8:35:10 PM Central Standard Time,
j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< >PS: I met my first list member a few weeks ago.  Volkart Baumgaertner
 shipped
 >his camera to me (from Germany?), then flew in to pick up the completed
 repair.

 Wow!! Some people will do anything to avoid shipping charges. :-) >>

     I once sold a Leica to a guy who saw it on a Fido message board (this was
in the days of computer BBS systems before the Internet became the hot item).
He sent me an email saying he wanted it. I sent him my address and phone
number for him to send the money. He was in Alaska. Several hours later I get
a phone call from him. He is about to land at the airport here in SE Texas.
Could I meet him there and do the deal. I met him, we did the deal, he got
back in his plane and headed back to Alaska.
     Man, I'm inpatient but, gee, that was carrying it a little too far. :)

Jim