180mm f2.8 (was Re: [OM] 300 mm 4.5)

Subject: 180mm f2.8 (was Re: [OM] 300 mm 4.5)
From: Clive Warren <Clive.Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 98 12:47:45 GMT
>Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 03:00:21 EST
>From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [OM] 300 mm 4.5
>
>Hi Richard:
>
>> I've been told the 180 f2.8 is not so good
>
>Hum, I was just told by Olympus America this was one of NASA's picks as the
>best of its breed.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Hah, what does NASA know? ;-)

For anyone worried about the appalling quality of the 180mm f2.8
(particularly the SC version marked MC), I have a Mint condition 200mm f4
MC in case which I would be prepared to do a deal with anyone who wants to
exchange their suspect 180mm for a superb long telephoto with integral hood.

Sorry this lens is not for sale, only a swap :-)

All the best,

              Clive   http://clive.bel-epa.com