[OM] Zuiko 8mm fisheye

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 8mm fisheye
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 02:27:36 EDT
I went to Silvio's Camera in Torrance today and they did have, like Tom Curlee
said (although I never doubted him), one on display.  It was in pretty good
shape with only a slight amount of "brassing" on the sharp edges of the lens
body. However, Silvio, if that's his real name, wanted $2000.00 for it but
would go down to $1600.00.  I guess I'll just adapt a peephole door viewer to
a lens cap.

But the view with the lens was amazing.  I had to keep after myself saying
"Would this improve my art?" to keep from mortgaging my ride home.  I settled
for a battery cover for my OM77 which I talked the owner into giving me for
free because he had sold the camera.  But I'm still looking for that bargain
350/2.8 so I can rub shoulders with the Big Wildlife Photographers (BWP).

On the other hand if I can find a bargain 600/4 or 500/4, since even a bargain
would be expensive, I would buy an body for it.  But so far all of my 35mm
equipment is all Oly.

Warren Kato