[OM] Tenba Waistpak for Oly Gear

Subject: [OM] Tenba Waistpak for Oly Gear
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:39:20 -0500
Oly Shooters:

I like to use a waistpack for hikes where I only want to take my zooms. I
bought a Lowepro Off Trail bag, which has a main compartment for camera and
lens and two side bags. It's a neat arrangement, but I am surprised that
the main compartment is a little too small, even for an OM if one also
wants to take a winder.  The side bags will accommodate my Zuiko zooms
(35-70 and 75-150) but not my Sigma 21-35 or Tokina 60-300. So I continue
to look.

I notice in the B&H Sourcebook that Tenba might have something better.  The
Waistpak Cub looks about the size I'd like and is supposed to accommodate a
camera plus motor (highly desirable), 5 lenses and a flash.  All I really
need to carry for lenses are my 35-70, the 21-35, and the 60-300.  The
Sigma takes 77mm filters and the Tokina 67, which gives you an idea of the
size of those zooms.

Anyone have any experience with the Tenba waistpaks, good or bad?

Thanks,

Joel