Re: [OM] OM and AF

Subject: Re: [OM] OM and AF
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:36:11 -0700
>I think that the likes of Ken, who require certain features in their cameras
>to make a living are in a different position to the rest of us.  I don't
>have any real need for AF, and would rather stay with a familiar product.

   Simon,

    I think you may be right. In fact, I was surprised to see wildlife
  photographers on his list of people who DO need AF. I took a Canon A2
  out for a walk one day and was very frustrated with it's searching for
  a bird on the end of a vineyard row. It did ok on an osprey later, but
  then at infinity, who needs AF? A friend of mine who shoots Nikon manuals
  recently bought an N70 and had somewhat the same experience. It ticked him
  off so, he almost dumped all his Nikon gear. (I think if his girlfriend hadn't
  inherited a bunch of Olys, he would have ;))
   Having said that, AF's DO come in handy sometimes (ie. 1-2 yr olds).But
  weighing pros and cons, nothing out there has made me want to trade my OM's
  in.

                                                  enjoy,
                                                   Brad