[OM] OM 10 and OM 20 TTL Flash???

Subject: [OM] OM 10 and OM 20 TTL Flash???
From: "Stuart Goggin" <SGOGGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Oct 98 10:29:54 +1000

I just read a comment about the OM 10 and 20's ttl autoflash capability.
These bodies do not have the flash quench facility that the OM 2,4's have,
so they cannot shut the flash off at the correct exposure.   But they do
have OTF metering,  doesn't this mean that they will close the shutter when
the correct exposure is reached.   So if I were to hook up a powerful flash
to the OM10 or 20 body and have it trigger at exposure time,  shouldn't the
body detect when the correct exposure has been made and shut the shutter.
The flash would do a full burn but only part of this would be used.    Maybe
the second curtain release would not react fast enough to the flash exposure
resulting in over exposure,   but it would be interesting to test out...

Has anyone done any experimentation with this?

Stuart