Re: [OM] Unknown accessory

Subject: Re: [OM] Unknown accessory
From: Bill_J._Rice_at_RLT012@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:08:44 -0500
     In a message dated Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:06:57 you wrote:

     >I was picking through the bin of used Oly misc at the store today and
     >saw an Olympus accessory that consisted of a very short cord, about
     >3"long, with a mini-phono type plug on both sides, and a box (maybe
     >1/2"x1/2"x1/4") with a small (1/8") red button or knob on it. Anyone
     >know what this is and what it is for? My first thought is some sort
     >of motor drive accessory.

     >Thanks.

     >Greg

     Hi Greg,

     Sounds like you found a remote in-focus trigger cord that can be used
     with the OM-F(30).  The part with the red button plugs into the winder
     and the other end plugs into the Zuiko 35-70/f4 autofocus lens.  This
     setup gives you complete autofocus automation.

     Alternatively, you can plug from the winder to the socket on the front
     of the camera and use it with any lens.  Prefocus where you anticipate
     the subject to be and press the red button.  When the subject comes
     into sharp focus, the shutter will fire.

     Bill Rice