Re: [OM] Control Pack 2: fixed

Subject: Re: [OM] Control Pack 2: fixed
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 15:55:31 +0800

I've fixed mine too and it works fine.
Good news is the the new 9V Varta battery comes in 150mA inatead of 120mA.

Thanks to the resources of this group and the FAQ page, I was able to build
and install a new NiMH 15V (actually 14.4v) battery in my control pack 2
today.  The Varta 9 volts used to build the new unit came from a local
Batteries Plus store, $9.99 @.  The whole procedure went fairly well.  OK, I
did have take off some electrical tape after I put too much around the
battery and the case wouldn't fully close the on the first attempt, but hey,
it was Sunday and I had the time. The biggest hassle was setting the mode
switch after re-assembly; it took a little time and some trail and error.
Charging went fine and the MD 2 seems to work as well as ever.  The battery
indicator light doesn't work, but it never did even when it was new.  Now if
I can find some rubber cement to glue the mode switch cover back down with,
I' ll be back in business.
 Thanks,
Steve Roman, Champlin, MN
decke003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx