Re: [OM] Odd flash problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd flash problem
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 21:03:06 -0500
At 05:20 PM 10/11/1998 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/11/98 4:16:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
>jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< Hi Jim,
>
> Not that I have a clue, but can you get BOTH flashes to work through the
> same shoe on either camera? If so, that would tend to isolate the problem
> to a rogue shoe 1.
>
> Good luck,
>  >>

>    Both work fine through either shoe on any other OM-1 body. What I can't
>understand is why only one would work with this particular body. If the sync
>is working at all, it should fire either flash. But it only fires the old
>manual flash. Very strange.
>
>Jim

Jim,

Well then it has to be THAT OM-1, doesn't it?  One would almost suspect
some kind of ground fault, internal to the camera, sufficient to keep the
more sophisticated flash from working but not sufficient to queer the
manual Viv flash.

I'm assuming the T-20 powers up OK while mounted on the shoe?

I've got a problem that may be similar with my OM-2n. My known-good
dedicated flash sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. One of the things
that happens when it is flakey is that the flash won't even power up.
Really tightening the flash to the shoe seems to help.

I'm very interested in what you find out.

Joel