[OM] Re: Polarizers (OM 40/PC)

Subject: [OM] Re: Polarizers (OM 40/PC)
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 17:18:35 +1000
I checked:

>From the OM40 manual (p. 78)

"The exposure value will shift ... with a linear polarizing filter ..."

The ESP mode uses what is basically a spot meter as in the 3/4(Ti) (through
the mirror), but always compares it to the rest of the scene.

Also, from another thread, someone mentioned if DX auto-coding was used on
the OM40/PC, exposure compensation cannot be used - I think this is only
true if the ISO dial is set to a speed of >800, as DX will still operate if
the dial is set to 640 or lower. (This is my reading of a note (again on p.
78) of the manual, so IMHO definitely applies... <g>)

Cheers
Andy