[OM] Olympus RD

Subject: [OM] Olympus RD
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:09:59 -0500
With the recent thread about the older Olympus
P&S type cameras, I decided to try to acquire an
Olympus RD.  I found one at Ritz Collectable cameras
for about $120.  It arrived yesterday but it did not
come with an instruction manual.

Could someone who is familiar with this camera
tell me how the metering is supposed to work?
It appears that you have to use it in shutter-prefered
mode and set the aperture ring to "A"?   It seems that
the exposure is read when you  partially depress
the shutter release -- is that true?   Also, it seems that
the light meter does not work or does not give correct
readings unless the aperture is set to "A".

Knowing I need a manual, I called the 1-800 Olympus
number to see if they still had a manual for the RD and
THEY DID!!!!   I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am.
I wont get it before this weekend however, which is why
I posted the above questions.

Thanks,

Mark Hammons