[OM] OM 1 Film Advance

Subject: [OM] OM 1 Film Advance
From: "Andy Meldrum" <andy.meldrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:56:59 +1000
A quick introduction is in order.

I bought my first Olympus, an OM 10, in 1981. It lasted me for about 10
years, & travelled round the world with me. My soon to be ex purchased a s/h
Black OM1 in London in 1987, & we both still use that camera , despite a
ding that bent the rewind mechanism. It just keeps on going!!

I have recently purchased a s/h Chrome OM1, manufactured in September 1973.
It seems to be in nearly pristine condition, with the exception of the light
seals, which are degrading.

I have run one roll of film through it and noticed that, from time to time,
that the film did not completely advance when the film advance lever was
moved through its full arc. In these cases the shutter release would not
active and the film advance lever required a small movement to complete the
advance of the film.

Does anyone have any suggestions to explain this behaviour ??

Regards

Andy Meldrum.
Melbourne
Australia.