Re: [OM] vignetting; terminology; MC filters; spelling

Subject: Re: [OM] vignetting; terminology; MC filters; spelling
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 12:44:26 -0800
Herr Sommerwerck rightfully points out the following:

[big snip]

>"punishment will continue until behavior improves"
>I've noticed a recent spate of misspellings of a word
>intimately connected with photography. So, here it goes again...
>
>"Lens" is spelled with ONE 'e'.
>
>Typos and slips of the finger are understandable, but is it too much
>to ask that the people on this group spell "lens" correctly? I'd
>better not say anything about trying to make your postings look neat.

Herr Sommerwerck is absolutely korrekt: "Ordnung muss sein."  Ja wohl!!!

I would like to add a few rules of my own:

(A) It is inappropriate to post the the OLY list while out of kompliance
    to the military dress kode.  Skirts for members of Skottish descent,
    and Lederhosen for everyone on Sundays are akceptable.

(B) It is absolutely unakceptable to post the the OLY list while wearing
    lewd or dirty underware.  (George, pls remove those silly pink panties
    at once!!!)

(C) It is striktly verbotten to post to the OLY list while receiving oral
    sex.  Anal sex is ok only if Herr Fuehrer himself on the receiving end,
    or he elevated you to the rank of "anal retentive".  Spanking is always
    good, and akts of self-loving or self-loathing are only allowed while
    posting from the kombat zone.

Anyone violating these regulations will be immediately subscribed to the
Leica mailing list, and/or sent to the Eastern Front.
;-) ;-)

/Obersturmbahnmeister Schloss
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx