[OM] Varta battery types (was BOUNCE: H*lp! Stuck mirror)

Subject: [OM] Varta battery types (was BOUNCE: H*lp! Stuck mirror)
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 09:58:35 -0700
On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:52, "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 6 Oct 98, at 21:15, lion1 wrote:
>
>> > The Manual says_______Silver Oxide.
>> > SR44   or   EPX76      or equivalent.
>> > I have VARTA 303 in there now.   The battery guy said they were the same.
>> > Who am I not to trust the battery guy? :-)
>> >
>> > Charlie Loeven
>> >
>> <<Are those all siver oxide batteries? John.>>
>>
>> The Varta's are now in question after some past posts about getting the
>> wrong batteries.
>> They did do the trick though.  No mirror or shutter problems.
>>
>> Can someone confirm so I don't have to go to the battery guy and check?
>> I did not get spares because I was just trying them out. (hence no packet to
>> look at).
>>
>According to www.varta.com, yes.
>
>The V357 and V76PX are also listed as SR44 replacements, the former
>being recommended for OM-2S and OM-4.

Just to be complete, the Varta web page gives the following info:

Varta Desig:    V303          V357          V76PX
IEC Desig:      SR44          SR44          SR44
Voltage:        1.55          1.55          1.55
Electro System: Silver Ox     Silver Ox     Silver Ox
Capacity (mAh): 170           155           145

The V303 and V357 were listed as Watch batteries, while the V76PX was
listed as a Photo battery.  No info was given on internal resistance
or discharge rates (for people who are into those things).