Re: [OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE: H*lp! Stuck mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) BOUNCE: H*lp! Stuck mirror
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:36:21 -0500
>A long time ago I had a battery guy (at a battery speciality store) give
>me Alkaline replacements for some PX13s assuring me they were the same
>and would work in a light meter :). I guess that just because they work
>at a battery store...
>
>Greg
>
>> lion1 wrote:
>> >
>> > <<Thanks, I will try new batteries. For the OM2n, do you
>> have to use silver
>> > oxide? I used alkaline energizers. Thanks, John.>>
>> >
>> > The Manual says_______Silver Oxide.
>> > SR44   or   EPX76      or equivalent.
>> > I have VARTA 303 in there now.   The battery guy said they
>> were the same.
>> > Who am I not to trust the battery guy? :-)
>> >
>> > Charlie Loeven
>> >
>> Are those all siver oxide batteries? John.

I believe this is covered in the FAQ, but the reason Alkaline batteries
are undesirable is that their voltage varies over quite a large range
as they discharge.  Silver Oxides stay at a certain voltage until they
are almost totally exhausted at which point the drop off fast letting you
know it is TIME for new batteries.  Alkalines just taper off slowly and
you may be running them at 1.35 volts and think they are at 1.50 --
messing up your metering.

Mark Hammons