Re: [OM] Warm Beer...

Subject: Re: [OM] Warm Beer...
From: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Volkhart Baumgaertner)
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 19:10:33 GMT
Yo,

on Thu, 1 Oct 98 09:34:56 BST, Clive Warren wrote:

>management and no investment for the future in the UK, result, no more UK
>motorcycle industry.

Well, Triumph seems to be doing pretty good. And they make nice bikes.

>The Italians effectively banned the import of foreign motorcycles through
>import duties and managed to keep their industry alive for a bit longer.
>Laverda are hanging on by the skin of their teeth, Ducati is owned by
>Cagiva (Spanish), and Aprillia not too sure about.....

Don't forget Moto Guzzi; they also are still around.

>My favourite camera is still the OM2N,

Mine, too - though I would like to add an OM-4 or OM-4T to my inventory.

>I love my old Nortons, but if

Nice bikes, but being the lousy mechanic I am I need something a little more
maintenance-friendly. :-)

>someone offered me a 900SS Ducati I would be tempted to part with one....

Well, I don't know. The way riders sit on those sports bikes always makes me
think that my back would suffer permanent damage if I used one for my
preferred way of riding (which means several 100 miles on one day quite
often).

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--