[OM] OM-2 focusing screen

Subject: [OM] OM-2 focusing screen
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:40:06 -0500
My disaster area OM-2, being a very early example, has a 1-1 focusing
screen. I find microprisms difficult to focus accurately, and prefer a
split-image, so it'll get replaced soon. I have a 1-13 in my other OM-2, and
like it, but the discussion of the 2-x and Beattie screens has me wondering
if one of those might be a better choice. Just how much brighter are they?
What effect will they have on the OM-2's in-viewfinder metering? (I know
there won't be any in the OTF exposure metering in auto mode.)