Re: [OM] Olympus RC and RD?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus RC and RD?
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:02:06 -0800
John Gaasland wrote:

>Gary, what are the features of the XA? The camera would be for my
>wife, who doesn't care to mess with a camera too much. It's auto
>on the speed and aperature I think, you just need to focus it?

The XA is aperture priority only, i.e. your wife will have to set
the film speed, choose the aperture, and then manually focus.

If that's too complicated, you may want to consider the simplified
and cheaper XA2.  It is fully programmed, and has zone focusing.

The somewhat scarce XA3 is even more automated (it has DX).  Both
the XA2 and XA3 boast the very sharp 35mm F3.5 Zuiko lens.  Either
may be a better choice for "she who must be obeyed". :-)

Good luck,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx