Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #520

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #520
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 18:19:06 -0500
At 08:47 PM 9/28/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>My reference is an article entitled "Really Right Stuff for Photography
>>Afield".  I am uncertain of the original author, my copy is froma person
>>named Dave Swager.  Anyways, following the discussion on lens resolution in
>>relation to aperture, the article states:

There are other opinions on that article. For example Bob Atkins, who
usually knows what he's talking about:

http://bobatkins.photo.net/info/rrs.html

I haven't gone through it in detail, so I don't have an opinion yet.
I do object to the way the word "dispersion" is used, since that has an
accepted (and different) meaning in optics and othe wave mechanics.

Paul Farrar