[OM] no price reduction; digital OM back; silver rim

Subject: [OM] no price reduction; digital OM back; silver rim
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 12:00:49 -0700
Just before ordering the 50/2 macro, I called Olympus to see if there
might be an upcoming price reduction (a la Nikon). Nope. It seems that
the reduced demand for Zuiko lenses has caused a price increase that is
not likely to go away in the near future.

I also asked the man about a digital back for the Olympus. He said that
it was _no_ secret that Olympus -- in fact, every major camera company
-- was working on such a product. But when it might appear, how many
CCDs it would have, and what their resolution would be, was unknown.

As far as I know, OM Zuiko lenses have always had that silver rim. I
think it's ugly, but the Japanese seem to like "fussy" detailing.