Re: [OM] Mirror/Focus Adjustment (Long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror/Focus Adjustment (Long)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 09:38:15 +0800
----------
> From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror/Focus Adjustment (Long)
> Date: Tuesday, September 29, 1998 10:57 PM
>
> Using infinity for mirror angle adjustment is fast and once done there is
 really
> no need to check anything else (focus at the film plane.)  if focus does
not
> match there, it would indicate a problem  with the flange/back
measurement (lens
> mount to film plane) not the mirror angle.
>
> John

But I found some difficulty in using the infinity to check focus, since the
lens "stop" at infinity. I feel that using the matte screen for focusing
gives me a more accurate result (for lens of 50mm and higher, I always use
matte screen). I used to rotate the lens focusing ring back and forth for
focusing (fuzz-sharp-fuzz), if the lens is "stop" at a point I cannot sure
the focus is dead accurate with the matte screen. (Mr. Herbert Keppler in
Popular Photography also mentioned the split screen is similar to CCD in AF
camera, they cannot provide the most accurate focusing result.)

C.H.Ling