Re: [OM] F280 flash drains batteries? How much pictures?

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 flash drains batteries? How much pictures?
From: EdMall@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:05:18 EDT

<< Hi,

 seems that my F280 drains batteries although if not in use. Is this a
 common problem?
 How much pictures should I take with 'normal' Alkaline Cells (aprox.?)

 Regards,

 Carsten

>From the OM F280 manual:

Recycling Time:  (With R6(AA) alkaline batteries)
Super FP Flash mode:  5-10 sec. depending on shutter speed; Normal "OTF" Flash
mode: .2 - 10 sec. depending on AUTO subject distance.

Number of Flashes:  (With R6(AA) alkaline batteries) Super FP Flash mode:
80-260 firings (depending on shutter speed);  Normal "OTF" Flash mode;  80-600
firings (depending on AUTO working distance):  Manual Flash mode:  80 firings.

Practically speaking I get tired of waiting for the flash to recycle so I put
new batteries in well before they're needed (according to the above).
One thing to note is that while the F280 flash is turned on on the OM4(T) the
display stays on which wears down the SR44 (or 357 batteries-my preference) in
the camera.

Hope this helps,
Ed