[OM] Pancake Lenses

Subject: [OM] Pancake Lenses
From: Jan Decher <jdecher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:25:11 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Its amazing how regularly the 40 mm discussion flares up on this list.
What was that about guide number coupling, William?  I have had the 40mm
Zuiko (and sold it on this list) but never saw anything different about
its mechanics than any of my other Zuiko lenses.  Would have been nice to
know because I sometimnes use a powerful older Metz Flash (40Ct4).

To complete the list of available pancakes:
- Contax has a very flat Zeiss Tessar 2.8/45 with a good optical
reputation (I think there was an earlier engraved version and a current
silk-screened, more plasticy version)

-there is also a Pentax K mount version by Ricoh (I believe) that was
tested in Pop. Photogr. about  two years ago - also got excellent grades.

On the MF discussion:  I would bet with anyone on this list that the new
Contax MF 645 will be a hit (look at the specs at www.contaxcamera.com). I
have been waiting for just that design in MF and I believe there is a
current trend to slower, higher resolution MF photography.

 ***** I still have remaining for sale (FIRM Prices):*******

Zuiko 4/28-48mm in EX++ (almost mint) condition in original box, for $250
+ shipping.

Zuiko 2.8/180 in Ex+ condition, w/ filter, hardcase   $450 + shipping

Novoflex 5.6/300mm follow focus lens (older model) with OM adapter custom
made by Novoflex, Germany: $250

T20 - SOLD
RIMOWA case - SOLD
4/200 Zuiko - SOLD