Re: [OM] 40 mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] 40 mm Zuiko
From: "C. Hertzler" <hertzler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 11:22:27 +0200
and Doris Fang wrote:

  >The Pentax MX & MEs with their similar 40mm pancake lens.

  >I thought only the Nikon GN 45/2.8 lens had this feature. Do the
  >OM 40mm do this too ?

I think the old Pentax pancake lens is only 2.8 and not 2.0 like the
Zuiko. The Zuiko doesn't have the GN feature.
I have this lens and use it, when my other lenses are to big to
carry (or I am to lazy), like the 35 mm shift, or the huge 2.8/35-80.
It is nice to have such a small semi-wide angle with 2.0 aperture.
I have one camera  with a similar lens, which is even more flat:
Leica M6 with 2/35 Summicron; the lens is of similar size, but the
camera is significantly thinner, because it doesn't need a mirror
housing. But of course, the OM4 has a better metering system...

Christoph