Re: [OM] multi-coated lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] multi-coated lenses
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 22:34:10 EDT
Hi Andy:

> however the
>  18/3.5, though listed as still "in development", is pictured and one can
>  quite clearly make out the letters "... System Zuiko MC Auto-W...".  The
>  35/2.8 shift is also under development.

Interesting.  Looks like the introduction date for the 8mm f/2.8, 18mm f/3.5,
24mm f/2.0, 28mm f/2.0, 35mm f/3.5, 85mm f/2.0, 400mm f/6.3, 600mm f/6.5 and
1000mm f/11 was delayed versus what was listed for the system in the 1974
Olympus product literature.  Maybe it took Olympus longer than expected to
perfect the multicoating mix needed for the elements in each of these lenses.
I stand corrected that the speed wide angles were available at the time of
system introduction.  If anyone determines the intro date on these lenses
(which were on 1978 price lists), please let me know.  I have quite a few
additions and corrections  to the multicoated lens list I cited.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV