Re: [OM] Lars' Sniper Style Support (was "hiking outfit")

Subject: Re: [OM] Lars' Sniper Style Support (was "hiking outfit")
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 01:56:44 EDT
Hi Doris:

> Ever wonder how the 8x10
>  guys ever managed with all that stuff ?

Yup.  One Utah-based landscape photographer (Steve Smith) uses llamas as pack
animals.

I understand that Charis Weston was a major help for Edward.  Good thing she
wasn't a photographer and he had her to dote on him!  Like taking meals up
into the mountains while he was on all day shoots, having the evening camp
ready, etc.

I remembered that today, since our camp meal was ready when I came back down
off a high elevation ridge after shooting with full OM gear and 4x5.  BTW, my
hiking partner carried a point and shoot and needless to say outhiked me,
except going downhill.  FWIW, 35mm f/2 for 800f shots, 24mm f/2.8 for 10%
and 50mm f/2 for 10%.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV