Re: [OM] Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikos
From: "Ken Norton" <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:29:03 -0500
><< >How do you decide what to actually put in your camera bag?  Any
> suggestions as
> >to what would be best to actually carry around for street photography
and/or
> >travel snapshot type photography?  (To fit in a Domke medium size or
small
> bag
> >for example, assuming you either have or are looking to put together such
> >combination of lenses?) >>

I've kinda bend trending towards a more minimalistic style of hauling
equipment around.  Carrying 25 pounds of equipment can get disgustingly
tiring.  Besides, with just a few lenses, I am able to more quickly react to
changing requirements--less decisions to make.

My must have kit includes a body (either the OM-1 or OM-2S), Tokina
35-70/2.8, 24/2.8, 100/2.8, 200/2.8 and 35/shift.  Also in the bag is one 2X
and an extension tube (poor vert).  I also carry a Vivitar 5200 flash with
extension and flash/ambient light meter.

If I'm on an assignment I'll carry the second body as a backup and the
medium format stuff if necessary.

I will be adding a 50/3.5 macro and a 300mm to the kit at somepoint.

Ken N.