[OM] cracked shoe was Winder and Flash Problem

Subject: [OM] cracked shoe was Winder and Flash Problem
From: "John Austin" <j_austin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:28:20 -0700
Another thing I've done to the shoes when I was using 1n and 2n bodies was
to very carefully remove the two plastic pieces from the bottom of the shoe.
This is the part of the shoe that sits on the prism. You can easily remove
the two plastic pieces using a very sharp knife or razor blade. they're
glued on using some type of rubber or contact cement. Then fill the hollow
cavaties with epoxy, replace the plastic cover pieces and allow to
thoroughly dry for several days. Viola! The shoe will crack no more. It
cracks because it is hollow and screwing it down too tight compresses and
breaks the plastic. It will be magnitudes stronger once you have made it
into a solid piece with the epoxy. As long as it is completely dry before
you use it there will be no electrical problems.

Regards,
John