Re: [OM] 1:1 with 50m f/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 1:1 with 50m f/1.8
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:14:33 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/98 8:11:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< They make  a 7mm, 15mm (if my memory serves me correctly), and a 25mm.

 However the 50mm f/1.8 is not designed for macro. I have used it this way
with good results, but for the best results you may be better getting a
reversing ring. You would however lose the auto diaphragm.

 Incidentally I never hear mention of the olympus 25mm which I have. Its a
manual only rather than the newer auto version. >>

I have Olympus 7mm, 14mm, and 25mm tubes. All are automatic diagphram. I think
the older tubes ar non-automatic. Not sure when the switch was made.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI